Express Repair Service Instructions
This repair service is for the Palm Tungsten T5, it includes the parts and services selected below(check boxes), return shipping options will be given near the end of the checkout process. You can use this service if you know the repairs needed or you can complete our online web form if you are unsure of the needed repairs. If you need to ask a question either use our Contact Us page or give us a call at (612) 326-4364 within business hours. If we find additional problems we will contact you.
In most cases the Palm will repaired and sent back the next business day after receiving it. With the RUSH option every effort will be made to send the Palm back the same day as receiving it, these are top-priority upon receipt.
Most common repairs for the Palm Tungsten T5
- Battery - in most case, even if the battery is bad the unit should turn on while it is on the charger/AC adapter. If the battery life is less that what it should be, drains very quickly, charges very quickly or only turns on while on the charger/AC adapter, does not fully charge even after being on the charger/AC adapter for more than four hours.
- Digitizer/Touchscreen - if your Palm does not register taps on the screen, if there are spots that register erratic and/or sporadic taps, if the point where you tap is registered somewhere else on the screen - for example 1/8" up from tapped area. If during the screen calibration either the Palm does not see your taps or never completes the calibration process. If you have a glass digitizer and it is cracked.
- LCD - you are able to turn the unit on and off but either there is no display or the display is washed out in some or all places, you can see a crack anywhere on the screen.
- On/Off switch - the switch either does not work at all or only sometimes works but the unit can be turned on by either a reset from the back or one of the lower application buttons.
- Sync/Charge Connector - If the charge is inconsistent based on how the charge plug is held, it is difficult to complete the hotsync process, there is corrosion on the sync connector.
- RUSH - Every effort will be made to send the Palm back out the same day as receiving it, these are top-priority upon receipt.
If we identify any other problems during the repair process you will be notified you via email or phone and given an option for repair.
For a complete set of instructions please see Express Repair Service Instructions
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 01 March, 2012.