Express Repair Service Instructions
This repair service is for the Palm Zire 72 and Zire 72s, it includes the parts and services selected below(check boxes), return shipping options will be given near the end of the checkout process. You can use this service if you know the repairs needed or you can complete our online web form if you are unsure of the needed repairs. If you need to ask a question either use our Contact Us page or give us a call at (612) 326-4364 within business hours. If we find additional problems we will contact you.
In most cases the Palm will repaired and sent back the next business day after receiving it. With the RUSH option every effort will be made to send the Palm back the same day as receiving it, these are top-priority upon receipt.
For all repairs our preferring method of payment is a check/money order sent with the Palm, there will be no delay for this or any other form of payment, if the customers prefers a different form of payment instead of a check/money order the option is provided at the completion of the checkout process. In most cases the Palm will repaired and sent back the next business day after receiving it. In the case of the RUSH option every effort will be made to send the Palm back out the same day as receiving it, these are top-priority upon receipt.
Most common repairs for the Palm Zire 72
- Battery - in most case, even if the battery is bad the unit should turn on while it is on the charger/AC adapter. A new battery is usually needed if one or more of the following conditions are experienced; battery life is less that what it should be, drains very quickly, charges very quickly or only turns on while on the charger/AC adapter, does not fully charge even after being on the charger/AC adapter for more than four hours.
- Charge Port - If the charge port is bad the Palm will not get a charge or it will be intermittent depending on how you hold the charge plug. In most cases the unit will still be able to be charged using the USB cable but the charge rate is much lower than the AC adapter. This is a very common problem for this model, in some cases the center charge pin will either get bent or break completely.
- Digitizer/Touchscreen - A new digitizer is needed if one or more of the following conditions are experienced; Palm does not register taps on the screen, locations on the screen register erratically and/or sporadic taps, location where you tap is registered somewhere else on the screen - for example 1/8" up from tapped area, graffiti writing is difficult, during the screen calibration either the Palm does not see your taps or never completes the calibration process, if you have a glass digitizer and it is cracked.
- LCD - you are able to turn the unit on and off but either there is no display(white screen), the display is washed out in some or all places, or you can see a crack anywhere on the screen.
- RUSH - Every effort will be made to send the Palm back out the same day as receiving it, these are top-priority upon receipt.
If we identify any other problems during the repair process you will be notified you via email or phone and given an option for repair.
For a complete set of instructions please see Express Repair Service Instructions
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 01 March, 2012.